3) Shadow analysis
3D SHADOW ANALYSIS
To get the optimum output from the Solar PV system the solar panels need to be nearly shade free. 3D Shading Analysis is done to ensure the solar panels are nearly shade free.
Different ways to do 3D Shading Analysis:
- 3D Solar shading tools.
- Physically study the movement of sunlight. i.e studying the way the sunlight moves over time in a day
- Analyze the neighborhood to ensure there are no obstructions that creates shade.
Other ways to ensure shade free solar irradiation:
- Trackers are used to track the sun’s path to actively capture light more sunlight.
- Shifting to an alternative location
- Using Microinverters -They are attached to individual solar modules to optimize electrical output.